Site Menu
Forum HomePage
  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in   
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberListMemberList   UserGroupsUserGroups    
 My ProfileMy Profile   My FavoritesMy Favorites   My MessagesMy Messages 

Sacred Sex from Mid-East to West
Sex in religion & the secular west over the last 2,000 years

GO TO: Forum HomePage >> Sacred Sex Tradition
EZ-Print View  SSS Founder Gary Joseph is away.<br><br>Topic is locked: you can view, but cannot post.  SSS Founder Gary Joseph is away.<br><br>Forum is locked: you can view, but cannot post.
 Search this Page: Press Ctrl+f to find any term or phrase on this page (Cmd+f for Mac).
Gary Joseph
SSS Founder

Sacred Sex from Mid-East to West    Posted: December 7, 2004 Reply with quote

This Forum is under construction -- content will be added as time permits. We invite you to post messages related to the Topic, and to comment on posts by others below.

For a full list of completed Topics, click here.

This Topic will teach:

An eye-opening look at sacred sex symbolism in the 3 major religions of the middle east -- Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Also, an overview of western sexuality and how it is evolving toward sacred sex.

How "The West" was won    Posted: May 14, 2005 Reply with quote

The West is defined as west of Rome. Migrations out of Asia and Russia heading both east and west brought civilization to Scandinavia then The British Isles and across The Atlantic to North America heading west and across The Bering Straight into Alaska and south into North America heading east long before The Roman Empire even existed. "In the Wayback Time" all of the present continents were one large land mass called Lemuria. It is reasonable to assume that in the cataclysmic break up of Lemuria the various land masses were populated
by the original Lemurians and their religious and sacred sexual traditions were carried with them. Stuff of legend /myth? perhaps but how to explain the universality of sacred sex traditions throughout the world? Critical Mass evolution?{ the theory that when enough people/members of a species learn a new skill all of the species throughout the world acquire the skill} but where did the people spread throughout the world come from? Atlantis is referred to by Plato . More stuff of legend and myth? Where did it come from?
The Holy Roman Empire{ the original non Christian Roman Empire was far more tolerant of local religious customs and practices } and the Holy Spanish Empire worked very diligently to eradicate native religions and practices in their conquests. Where did these native religions with their earthy and very open and relaxed sexuality come from ? They proved to be very tenacious and in some cases wholesale slaughter was required to eliminate them. What is the source of the predominance of Mother Earth /Goddess religions throughout the world and particularly in North, Central and South America?
Mother Earth/Father Great Spirit cultures always embodied a sacred sexual tradition regardless of where they were/are found. It is the hallmark of these cultures to reverence the Earth and women as the producers/sustainers of life and it's mysteries . In these cultures earth and women are protected and nurtured not raped and pillaged as in our so called civilized society which were considered uttterly barbaric by our so called primitive /unenlightened native forefathers and mothers.

winning the west    Posted: May 15, 2005 Reply with quote

Yes, the question of our true origins needs a lot more conscious examination and exploration, with input from experts who have studied various ideas. Just a few interesting tidbits that I've run across:

1) On a visit to Chichen Itza in Mexico, our tour guide pointed out some sculptures (pre-dating America's 1492 'discovery' by Columbus) showing men dressed in clothing that clearly resembled Roman/Phoenician warriors.

2) Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland, built before Columbus's discovery of America, has aloe vera and maize plants sculpted into its decorative relief; these plants are native only to the America's, and could not have been known in Scotland at that time unless others were here before Columbus.

The relationship between the Holy Roman Empire and native pagan or earth goddess cultures also needs examination. One troubling revelation:

There was a Phoenician god named Mithra who was widely honored among the pagans at the time Christianity became the 'official' state religion. The story of Mithra's birth is of interest: he was born in a manger on December 25. Apparently, the Church officials, in an effort to win popular support for Christianity, adopted the traditional day of celebration as Christ's so as to appeal to the pagans...who they later so rabidly preached against.

These are a few things I've come across, and it's not even a major interest of mine, so I'm not well read on the subject. I'm sure there are many more dark secrets that have been swept under the rug over the centuries. If we're to have a conscious and enlightened society, we need to put all this out on the table and let the people know the truth about what they 'believe' in.

The decline of Christianity    Posted: May 17, 2005 Reply with quote

Until the declaration by The Emperor Constantine in 325 A.D. { A.C. E to secularists} of Christianity being the State religion of the Roman Empire, Christianity thrived on a "last days " possibility of death for being a Christian. With the acceptance and ascendence of Christianity a "settled and secure belonging" settled into the faith. Leaders compromised the intensity of the transmission on the one hand and the removal of immanent death for being a follower of Christ on the other mutually contributed to the dilution of the message AND the expunging of the role of Masters of Initiation from the essential practice of Christian Discipleship.
These events led to the rise of monasticism a literal "going into the desert" in order to regain the intensity of the practice. St Antony of Egypt who was a Coptic Christian { The Coptic faith traces it's establishment to the exile of Jesus , Mary and Joseph in Egypt to avoid the slaughter by Herod the Great and venerates various landmarks as holy because Jesus was there as a child} is credited with being "The Father of Christian Monasticism" . Monasticism wa seen as "becoming a Eunuch for the sake of the Kingdom of God" in reference to Christ Jesus ' declaration "there are some who are eunuchs for God's sake"
The establishment of "Christmas" as Dec . 25 th coincides with the "pagan" celebration of the birth of Mithras who was also virgin borne and the celebration of the Roman Festival of "Saturnalia". The practice of fasting twice weekly has both Jewish and Roman roots and the days of fasting were merely changed from the "pagan " and Jewish fast days to other days of the week. The assertion that Jesus is the Sun/Son of God changed the sabbath from Saturday {Saturns day} to Sunday. As an aside our names for the week are derived fron Norse mythology and Astrology as follows: Monday -Moon's day, Tuesday- Jove's{Jupiter's}day , Wednesday-Woden"s day, Thursday-Thor"s day, Friday-Freia's day Saturday- Saturn's day and Sunday -Sun's day. Sun. Moon. Jupiter , Woden, Thor, Freia and Saturn a very interesting weekly constellation!
The Christian Initiatory transmission was taken underground once again and carried in plain sight by "The Gypsies" in the form of the Major Arcana of The Tarot . The Christian Initiatory transmission was a continuation with amplification and complete out picturing in the events of his life ,death, resurrection and ascension by Jesus "The Christ" of the 'Ancient Mysteries" of The hebrew esoteric teaching of "the Kahbahlah" and of the Egyptian Mystery School which produced the now ascended ,once on Earth , Great White Brotherhood {Christ Light Beings, not race } of which Jesus "The Christed One" is the High Priest.
Secular Christianity continued to be built upon "a memory" not " a living transmission" of direct experience and the millenia long antagonism between various secular Christian "denominations" was launched and continues unabated to this day.
Secular Christianity became the religion Jesus never intended to establish and it is no wonder that this totally exoteric form of rule by fear has turned countless millions away from both Jesus Christ and God the Father as it's practice is antithetical to The Gospel of Jesus Christ which is "God LOVES All Human Beings ABSOLUTELY AND UNCONDITIONALLY and there is NOTHING TO FEAR . EVEN DEATH{ once the Final Answer for humans} has been overcome by the Messiah/ Savior CHRIST .
Jesus Christ's attitude toward women was revolutionary in the Patriarchal jewish faith. Women were equal in stature and practice. Women were part of Jesus's inner circle and were equally initiated as Teachers/Apostles. {Much of the record of the female Apostle's of Jesus Christ is preserved in the traditions of the Eastern Orthodox Church.}
Once again the historical secular practice of Christianity differs radically from it's roots and women struggle to be accepted in a religion whose "founder" fully accepted them and now it is discovered even married one of them! { MUCH to the chagrin of the established ROMAN CATHOLIC church hierarchy who are looking at over 2000 years of Doctrine being FLUSHED down the tubes over this and will NEVER endorse it as truth} Have you ever wondered why it was Mary Magdeline and not his mother or the male Apostles who went to Jesus' tomb on the day after the sabbath and was the first to see The Risen Christ?

why the no establishment clause in our constitution    Posted: May 19, 2005 Reply with quote

The founding fathers of our country were ADAMANT that there would be no STATE/GOVERNMENT official religion for the United States but that each person be free to worship or not as they saw fit personally. Our constitution grants freedom of religious expression; not from religious expression . Remember that our country was initially populated by Puritans who were persecuted in England because they did not follow the Church of England{ established by King Henry the 8th because the Pope of the Roman Church excommunicated him for marrying his brother's wife or was that Herod? The names and circumstances may be different but the outcome is the same}.
There has always been an effort by government to allign with religion as a means of influencing{controling?}the citizenry{ witness the Republican party and the "religious right" and the Democratic party and the "non religious left"} Our constitution specifically prohibits a State Religion precisely because of the historical abuses of such government/religion alliances. Promulgation of fear is a hallmark strategy for introducing repressive government in the name of "security" .
{ Witness The Patriot Act , the non stop fear mongering of "color alerts" and the draconian, and comically ineffective efforts, of 'airport security" since 9/11. For a sobering view of this tragedy see the article "What if everything you know about 9/11 is wrong?" in the August 2005 issue of Hustler magazine. This is an interview with "David Ray Griffin a professor of Theology, a well respected scholar and the author of more than 20 books including 'The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions '
and ' The new Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration and 9/11' "}
Why should sacred sexuality be concerned? Because it is viewed as threat by the establishment, both political and religious, and established power always opposes a new paradigm such as Sacred Sexuality which seeks to "heal the seperation" within individuals , relationships, and the society at large. The established power maintains it's influence through perpetuating the very seperations within and between people and cultures which Sacred Sexuality among many spiritual , although not religious, practices seeks to eliminate.

the downfall(?) & rise of civilization    Posted: May 25, 2005 Reply with quote

As usual Russ, you cover a lot of ground with sweeping statements. It's also clear that you have, um...a bone to chew with the 'establishment', which unfortunately leads me to take what you say with a grain of salt.

You definitely speak to a lot of issues that need to be openly examined and discussed, but you gloss over so many details that you don't really prove your point. For example:

russ said:
Until the declaration by The Emperor Constantine in 325 A.D. { A.C. E to secularists} of Christianity being the State religion of the Roman Empire, Christianity thrived on a "last days " possibility of death for being a Christian. With the acceptance and ascendence of Christianity a "settled and secure belonging" settled into the faith. Leaders compromised the intensity of the transmission on the one hand and the removal of immanent death for being a follower of Christ on the other mutually contributed to the dilution of the message AND the expunging of the role of Masters of Initiation from the essential practice of Christian Discipleship.
These events led to the rise of monasticism a literal "going into the desert" in order to regain the intensity of the practice. St Antony of Egypt who was a Coptic Christian { The Coptic faith traces it's establishment to the exile of Jesus , Mary and Joseph in Egypt to avoid the slaughter by Herod the Great and venerates various landmarks as holy because Jesus was there as a child} is credited with being "The Father of Christian Monasticism" . Monasticism wa seen as "becoming a Eunuch for the sake of the Kingdom of God" in reference to Christ Jesus ' declaration "there are some who are eunuchs for God's sake"

That touches on enough for a book in itself, which I don't ask for, but some detail/proof is needed. And:

russ said:
The Christian Initiatory transmission was a continuation with amplification and complete out picturing in the events of his life ,death, resurrection and ascension by Jesus "The Christ" of the 'Ancient Mysteries" of The hebrew esoteric teaching of "the Kahbahlah" and of the Egyptian Mystery School which produced the now ascended ,once on Earth , Great White Brotherhood {Christ Light Beings, not race } of which Jesus "The Christed One" is the High Priest.

I'm not even sure how to read that sentence without commas, let alone accept it without some more fact. puppyfun

Many of your points are very intriguing, and I'm sure would interest many readers, but again you leave out details. For example:

russ said:
The Christian Initiatory transmission was taken underground once again and carried in plain sight by "The Gypsies" in the form of the Major Arcana of The Tarot.

I'd like to hear more about this. You give a source for more info in another Forum, but perhaps here you can give examples of the meaning behind one or two of the Tarot cards, so we have an idea what you mean.

Also:

russ said:
Jesus Christ's attitude toward women was revolutionary in the Patriarchal jewish faith. Women were equal in stature and practice. Women were part of Jesus's inner circle and were equally initiated as Teachers/Apostles. {Much of the record of the female Apostle's of Jesus Christ is preserved in the traditions of the Eastern Orthodox Church.}

I'm familiar with the Magdalene story, but you make it sound like there's more. Give some examples.

I'd also like to know more about the 'Christian Initiatory transmission' that you refer to here, and the 'seminal teaching of Christ' that you've referred to in other forums, and that you see as His true teaching. Where does this info come from?

In general, I'd like to see more references & sources indicated, where appropriate.

Arrow My take on all this is:

1) There are kernels of truth in what you say, but your side of the story is as extreme as the one you argue against; perhaps the real truth is somewhere in the middle, especially when it come to motives (see next point);

2) As I've replied to you elsewhere in these forums, I think the 'establishment' (in the form of the Church, the Bush administration, or whatever) sincerely acts out of belief that what it's doing is right. They simply have a limited (and therefore misconceived) experience of truth, and consequent misunderstanding of right & wrong. For example, you can't tell me that the Church experientially knows the whole Truth as you state it, and is intentionally suppressing it in the world. That would be denying Christ as they truly know Him to be. I don't buy that. They simply truly believe in their version of the truth, and merely want to protect & preserve it.

Even those seeking only to preserve their power & control, their truth is that the world is dog eat dog, and that they are simply following the natural order; they view themselves as most competent to lead. Someone has to do it, and the fact is, they who are powerless & controlled (i.e. the masses) SHARE THE SAME DOG EAT DOG WORLDVIEW (i.e. they're no closer to the truth than those who control them); they simply view themselves at the other end of the leash.

The solution is to promote a truer worldview, not fight those at the other end of the leash, or over who controls it. We must teach people that the true worldview HAS no leash, AND that it benefits even the leash controllers to let go of it -- true power, mastery, & control come from experience of Freedom within.

Teachings such as sacred sex promote a new & higher experience of Truth, and subsequent truer moral compass, thereby eliminating the social injustices, etc. that currently demean humanity, without the need to 'fight' them.

I believe there are enough people outside the influence of the 'establishment', who are open to new ideas, and willing to try them and see for themselves what is true, to let this message spread and take hold among the masses, without a 'holy war'.

This is the only way to practice what we preach - as you say, to heal the separation in society - rather than simply create more fighting & division.

As you yourself said in another Forum:
russ said:
I'm not advocating" fighting them" what I am advocating is understanding what is going on ,"by their fruits you shall know them", and IGNORING IT by going in an entirely different direction with an entirely different motive. "resist not evil but rather do good"

I agree 100% that we must be aware of and understand what is going on around us so that we don't blindly follow accepted thinking that isn't true. To that end though, I'd like to see more fact about how & where we've lost our way, and what the true way is...and less ranting about those who seek to herd the lost masses.

Posted: December 1, 2005 Reply with quote

[ MODERATOR'S NOTE: In response, Russ has posted a lengthy discussion of Tarot, which has been moved to the Open Forum. It includes an interpretation of Kabbalah (Jewish Mysticism) that is relevant to the current Topic -- click here to read.]

Christmas    Posted: January 4, 2009 Reply with quote

I've noticed a tendency for the celebration of Christmas to be like a bad orgasm. Not only is it commercialised, but this leads to 1) a very long build-up or anticipation and b) a sudden falling-off after the exchange of presents. The actual 'religious' Christmas is very different - a period of twelve feast-days, starting from Christmas Day itself and culminating approximately in the Old or Eastern Orthodox Christmas Day. Thus what could be a sacred holiday, with the potential to unite East and West, is reduced, apparently by the influence of commerce, into the social equivalent of a bad orgasm.
Gary Joseph
SSS Founder

Posted: January 5, 2009 Reply with quote

Yes, I think we can extend that to all of life when we get caught up in transitory material values and lose sight of the lasting spiritual ones. We're always chasing after the next best thing, and never satisfied when we get it.

The true best thing is within -- free and always there.

That's why when you get it, life's a 24/7 Orgasm!

GO TO: Forum HomePage >> Sacred Sex Tradition EZ-Print View  SSS Founder Gary Joseph is away.<br><br>Topic is locked: you can view, but cannot post.  SSS Founder Gary Joseph is away.<br><br>Forum is locked: you can view, but cannot post.
Page 1 of 1
Email me when someone posts here
Add To Favorites

FORUM MENU:  
All times are US/Can Pacific Standard Time
SITE MENU:
Forum Moderators: Gary Joseph, Moderator Team
(contact for questions & to report abuse)

Home            What's New            Get Involved            Legal/Medical/Privacy            Posting Rules            Help            About            Contact

NEW!
Live snapshot of recent visitors:

The Society for Sacred Sexuality welcomes your Donations.
© 2004-present, Society for Sacred Sexuality - all rights reserved worldwide.
No material from this site may be copied or used without the owner's express permission.
Site Issues: