Forum HomePage
  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in   
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberListMemberList   UserGroupsUserGroups    
 My ProfileMy Profile   My FavoritesMy Favorites   My MessagesMy Messages 

Sacred Sex Ritual
mass ecstasy for global change
Go to Page Previous  1, 2
GO TO: Forum HomePage >> Sacred Sex Ritual
EZ-Print View  SSS Founder Gary Joseph is away.<br><br>Topic is locked: you can view, but cannot post.  SSS Founder Gary Joseph is away.<br><br>Forum is locked: you can view, but cannot post.
 Search this Page: Press Ctrl+f to find any term or phrase on this page (Cmd+f for Mac).
russ
Active User

Re: Ritual experience    Posted: October 30, 2005 Reply with quote

Now that some time has transpired since our joining together in this ritual blessing I am interested in hearing of the after effects of engaging in ecstatic prayer and blessing for those who participated in this ritual.
I wonder if the new graphics here may be an after effect for you Gary.
For me there has been a marked deepening of my connection with The Divine Mother who is the unifying and connecting principle of The Deitya.k.a,. The All of The One and The All .

Ritual Inspiration    Posted: March 19, 2006 Reply with quote

This post comes several months after the first ritual, but I was indeed inspired by it to create an annual ritual event. I've waited until the appropriate time to share that with everyone.

Read the following post.

Global Equinox Sacred Sex Ritual - Mar 20-21, 2006    Posted: March 19, 2006 Reply with quote

The Society for Sacred Sexuality is sponsoring a two-day global sacred sex ritual to celebrate the Spring Equinox and revive the ancient Hieros Gamos rite. Early sacred sex societies in the middle east (Sumer, Babylon, etc.) celebrated the Spring Equinox as their New Year, marking the beginning of the growing season and the re-emergence of Mother Earth after her winter slumber. They honored the day with a sacred sex ritual that Greek historians later called Hieros Gamos, meaning 'Sacred Marriage'. The sex rite, a public event held at the main temple, conferred the blessings of goddess Inanna (and later Ishtar) upon the reigning king, and through him to the whole society. It was also to ensure a fruitful growing season.

Equinox Day, the time when the sun is in perfect balance over the northern & southern hemispheres, is an ideal day for sacred sex practice. The balance in nature is highly conducive to enjoying the balanced state of Sacred (or Spiritual) Union. You and your lover can participate in the event by creating a personal sacred sex ritual, using the lessons in the Sacred Sex Lesson Forum, or your own sacred sex practice. Add to your ritual a conscious desire to bring the blessings of the Goddess to your nation and its leaders, so that they make wise & life-supporting decisions in the coming year. For ancient flavor, you can read a portion or all of the original Hieros Gamos ritual (see link below) as part of your own rite. If you're more adventurous (or an exhibitionist!), and weather agrees in your area, enjoy your ritual outside in nature to celebrate the Spring Season.

The official time of the Spring Equinox 2006 is Monday, March 20, at 1:26PM EST, but the first sunrise of Spring (March 21st) the day after is also significant. By enjoying your own personal ritual, you'll be part of a global event, and will create a wave of ecstasy & bliss in world consciousness. The sacred sex ritual will span the two days, March 20-21.

You can find a translation of the ancient Hieros Gamos ritual in our Sacred Sex Text Archive.

To learn more about the sacred sex cultures that evolved this ritual, visit the Sacred Sex Tradition Forum.

Best wishes, and enjoy the Sacred Rites of Spring!

Gary Joseph
Founder, Society for Sacred Sexuality

Annual Sacred Sex Rituals    Posted: September 11, 2007 Reply with quote

The Annual Sacred Sex Rituals have been expanded to mark each seasonal change, as was celebrated by our ancestors.

Descriptions and information about each ritual is posted in this forum; you can see them here:

Annual Sacred Sex Rituals

I think this is a testament itself to the power of group ritual -- from one ritual with specific focus, it has grown into a global seasonal ritual for peace and prosperity for all. This shows how ritual takes on a life of its own and evolves as we awaken to higher experience.
GO TO: Forum HomePage >> Sacred Sex Ritual EZ-Print View  SSS Founder Gary Joseph is away.<br><br>Topic is locked: you can view, but cannot post.  SSS Founder Gary Joseph is away.<br><br>Forum is locked: you can view, but cannot post.
Page 2 of 2
Go to Page Previous  1, 2
Email me when someone posts here
Add To Favorites

FORUM MENU:  
All times are US/Can Pacific Standard Time
SITE MENU:
Forum Moderators: Gary Joseph, Moderator Team
(contact for questions & to report abuse)

Home            What's New            Get Involved            Legal/Medical/Privacy            Posting Rules            Help            About            Contact

NEW!
Live snapshot of recent visitors:

The Society for Sacred Sexuality welcomes your Donations.
© 2004-present, Society for Sacred Sexuality - all rights reserved worldwide.
No material from this site may be copied or used without the owner's express permission.
Site Issues: