Site Menu
Forum HomePage
  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in   
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberListMemberList   UserGroupsUserGroups    
 My ProfileMy Profile   My FavoritesMy Favorites   My MessagesMy Messages 

Changing Tradition / True Tradition
Traditions change, Tradition remains the same

GO TO: Forum HomePage >> Sacred Sex Tradition
EZ-Print View  SSS Founder Gary Joseph is away.<br><br>Topic is locked: you can view, but cannot post.  SSS Founder Gary Joseph is away.<br><br>Forum is locked: you can view, but cannot post.
 Search this Page: Press Ctrl+f to find any term or phrase on this page (Cmd+f for Mac).
Gary Joseph
SSS Founder

Changing Tradition / True Tradition    Posted: December 7, 2004 Reply with quote

This Forum is under construction -- content will be added as time permits. We invite you to post messages related to the Topic, and to comment on posts by others below.

For a full list of completed Topics, click here.

This Topic will teach:

That traditions reflect the minds of those who create them or pass them on...for better or worse. This Topic will open your eyes to traditions that drag us down and should be revised or discarded. It also empowers us to create new traditions based on higher values.

Who started all those traditions we follow anyway ???

tradition    Posted: April 18, 2005 Reply with quote

The loss of the "transmission"- That which carries the energy and consciousness of "The Teacher"- results in creating forms and structures which are endowed with power BY THE LEADERS -not the Teacher. When the original transmission loses it's grace through neglect and deliberate misuse then WE TEND TO CREATE GOD IN our IMAGE because we can understand this image far better than the BEING THE IMAGE OF GOD which ALL AVATARS AND MASTERS have revealed as our true nature. This effectively closes the door to the Sacred and without the Sacred in our lives we naturally devolve to our lowest expression of life: a mess of disconnected and meaningless though extremely powerful attitudes and events which make us feel like a pinball being pushed wherever without any control or influence from us when in actuality we have created EXACTLY what we have chosen to experience.
It's just that our choices tend to SUCK because we are caught in THE LIE of our being both meaningless and powerless to effect change in our lives and refuse to believe that we possess the incredible power and freedom to" co-create with God" that THE MASTERS have assured us is our birthright and responsibility as children of God.

loss of true tradition    Posted: April 19, 2005 Reply with quote

Yes, that's why it's so important that followers of any tradition rise to the same enlightenment as the teacher -- so that the teaching is understood and passed down in its purity & entirety.

russ said:
When the original transmission loses it's grace through neglect and deliberate misuse....

I don't fully agree with that. I think in most cases, leaders do their sincere best to promote truth as they see it. It's simply that they're not awakened enough to see fully. I would say it like this:

"When the original transmission loses it's grace due to the inability of the followers to rise to the level of consciousness of the teacher, and thereby fully LIVE the teaching they've been given...."

I suppose that over the centuries, when the loss of tradition becomes 'institutionalized' as we see it in various groups & organized religions, that some individuals promote their own agenda for the sake of power, etc. But still, in their own distorted eyes, most likely believe they are leading the masses in the best direction.

Regardless, the best we can do now is share a complete vision of the truth, and invite the people to return to the original teachings of whatever tradition they are drawn to follow. The beauty of Truth is that it's eternal -- even if it's 'lost' for some time, it can always be restored for the benefit of mankind. We have that opportunity today...and every day.

Let's do it!!! Niiice!

Re: loss of true tradition    Posted: April 19, 2005 Reply with quote

GaryJoseph said:
I think in most cases, leaders do their sincere best to promote truth as they see it.

"The pathway to hell is paved with good intentions" is a bromide which comes to mind in response. You are far more "gracious and understanding " of the contempory and historical misuses of Religious Authority than I am Gary.

It is the very misuse and outright abuse of Religious Authority which has given rise to the "Neo Paganism " { a rich Canonical label} of the New Age Movement and the emergence of Authentic Spiritual expression such as "The Society for Sacred Sexuality" and Tantric Kriya Yoga, The Tantric sexuality movement and many others which affirm the Earth Goddess / Father Spirit Reality of earthly life.

Spirit will not be stifled forever!

As humans WE CRAVE SPIRIT we cannot LIVE without spirit a.k.a "juice/juiciness, sexinesss , vitality, enthusiasm, good vibes , "the hots"and "the chills" of LOVE in all of HIS/HER expressions.

One may certainly EXIST /SURVIVE/ DO PRETTY GOOD FOR ONESELF but that is not necessarily LIVING. For those for whom it is and the subsequent dampening of SPIRIT { I.E loss of sexiness, enthusiasm, juice/juiciness, vitality, et al as well as the host of attendant illnesses and DIS-EASES to which they are prey } I say "You are welcome to ALL OF IT but no thank you!! I WILL PASS ON YOUR ATTITUDES AND BELIEFS which create this NIGGARDLY, MISERLY, WRETCHED fear dominated existence, and BLASPHEME by calling it "the will of the lord",
which is so very STIFLING TO FREEDOM because you and all of your cohorts FEAR SPIRIT AND FREEDOM

"Wherever the spirit of the Lord is, THERE IS FREEDOM!!" There is also happiness, deep peace ,creativity, JUICE and JUICINESS , laughter and ALL THINGS GOOD, TRUE AND BEAUTIFUL: the expressions of freedom.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:there is peace and understanding among MEN and WOMEN a.k.a Sacred Sexuality. WHAT A VERY PLEASANT SURPRISE indeed!!!!!!

I know this is both militant and radical . SO ARE SPIRIT AND FREEDOM.

As you so eloquently and simply put it Gary LET'S DO IT AND DO IT AND DO IT and never stop doing it. THIS IS ETERNAL LIFE .

Last edited by russ on Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:53pm; edited 6 times in total.

Re: loss of true tradition    Posted: April 20, 2005 Reply with quote

russ said:
"The pathway to hell is paved with good intentions"

Yes, that's exactly my point -- that the mess we're in (or 'hell', as you describe it) has been created with good intentions, not evil ones. That's why I see our leadership as misguided, not ill-intentioned.

If we view our leaders as 'evil suppressors', we end up fighting them, not enlightening them. We fall into the same trap as them, dividing the world into good & evil, which only creates more division.

An enlightened society can only come about by everyone rising to the same ultimate Truth -- by enlightening those who don't see it, not fighting them...even if they mistake a limited truth for the Truth of Freedom.

Re: loss of true tradition    Posted: April 22, 2005 Reply with quote

I'm not advocating" fighting them" what I am advocating is understanding what is going on ,"by their fruits you shall know them", and IGNORING IT by going in an entirely different direction with an entirely different motive. "resist not evil but rather do good" "be wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove" what matters is the end result AND the intention. Discernment is a requirement for living in freedom.

re-establishing true tradition    Posted: April 24, 2005 Reply with quote

Yes, I agree 100% with that: we should act to establish true traditions, and not lose ourselves in what others are doing.

Give the people a choice between traditions that uphold life and promote true inner & outer freedom, and those that limit and suppress life & freedom - whether by ill-intentioned design or innocent ignorance - and the people will, in the end, choose true traditions.

GO TO: Forum HomePage >> Sacred Sex Tradition EZ-Print View  SSS Founder Gary Joseph is away.<br><br>Topic is locked: you can view, but cannot post.  SSS Founder Gary Joseph is away.<br><br>Forum is locked: you can view, but cannot post.
Page 1 of 1
Email me when someone posts here
Add To Favorites

FORUM MENU:  
All times are US/Can Pacific Standard Time
SITE MENU:
Forum Moderators: Gary Joseph, Moderator Team
(contact for questions & to report abuse)

Home            What's New            Get Involved            Legal/Medical/Privacy            Posting Rules            Help            About            Contact

NEW!
Live snapshot of recent visitors:

The Society for Sacred Sexuality welcomes your Donations.
© 2004-present, Society for Sacred Sexuality - all rights reserved worldwide.
No material from this site may be copied or used without the owner's express permission.
Site Issues: